George Heilig has lived and practiced in Corvallis since 1973. He’s practiced real property, business, and land use in the mid-Valley for 43 years. George knows the laws, people, and businesses. He is the local authority on real property. He specializes in land use planning and development.
George helps buy, sell, divide, and lease all types of property. He has handled thousands of farmland partitions and lot-line adjustments. George helps get your commercial development or home built according to County or City regulations.
George and his wife Marcia raised their family here. They’ve supported Oregon State University in many ways for decades. Their son graduated from OSU. George enjoys golf, steelhead fishing in Oregon, fly fishing trout in Montana, and pheasant hunting in South Dakota.
- Willamette University College of Law, 1973
- Juris Doctor – Honors – cum laude – 3rd in class
- Portland State University, 1970
- B.A. Political Science – Honors – cum laude
- Oregon State Bar, 1973
- U.S. District Court of Oregon, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9 th Circuit, 1980
- Benton County, AAA, and ASP arbitrator
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Benton County Bar Association – Past President
- Corvallis Planning Commission – Past Chairman
- Rotary Club of Greater Corvallis
- OSU Dugout Club – Member
- Corvallis Country Club
- Military – Infantry